National Federation of Builders
The National Federation of Builders (NFB) is one of the UK’s longest established trade federations, having been in existence for around 150 years. Built on solid foundations, the NFB provides business solutions to builders, contractors and house builders across England and Wales.
For companies involved in the building and construction industry we provide vital resources in key areas, protect businesses and save our members time and money, enabling them to focus on their primary business of construction.
The NFB campaigns hard on behalf of its members, on the issues that matter to them such as procurement, utilities, sustainability and funding. We lobby politicians and ensure that our members’ voice is heard at important government and industry forums. The NFB is also a respected media commentator and policy influencer, all designed to make a difference to construction businesses and their impact on the wider economy.
During 2010, following the appointment of a Funding Manager the NFB will be seeking to secure funding opportunities for the organisation and its member companies.
The NFB – the partner and voice of the building industry.
By being a member of the NFB you have access to benefits such as:
- Free expert guidance via new and improved advice lines
- Information on new legislation
- Lobbying government on key issues
- Discounted products and services
- Free model employment templates
- A comprehensive programme of subsidised training
- The NFB logo as a mark of quality
- Business leads via ‘Find a Builder’ and the NFB directory
- Savings with NFB Insurance
- Bid to Win toolkit (helping you with PQQs and winning work)
- Marketing Toolkit, access to an advice line/information on how to market yourselves.
The House Builders Association (HBA)
The HBA is a division of the NFB and has over 900 house builders in membership. Since its launch Roger Humber, a nationally recognised authority on housing, has led the HBA from strength to strength. As the only voice for small to medium sized house builders in the industry, we accurately represent the interests of our members to government on a number of key issues including changes to the planning system, Home Information Packs and the Code for Sustainable Homes. Recognised by the Government as the voice of the non-volume house builder, the HBA understands the differing needs of SMEs and strives to protect and promote their interests at both local and national level.